Saturday 7 January 2012

Tilda Vintage Blue

Welcome to the first
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
of 2012 and this weeks theme, choosen by the lovely Andie, is
Let Them Eat Cake.
This week for my card I have gone back to my favorite Magnolia stamps for my image. I have coloured her in with Tria pens, I love the fine nibs they make colouring so easy. The lace style border across the bottom of the card is a Cheery Lynn Die  and I have lay a length of beige ribbon with a bit of added glitter on the top edge.
I have then sat her on a die cut cup cake, using a Marianne Designs Die, cut out of Ella Blue paper. I have also used these papers on all the background pieces with Distress Co-ordinations as the layers. The oval that Tilda is on has been cut out with a Spellbinders Die.
The flowers and leaves have been punched out of Ella Blue papers too and I have added a little blue gem in the centre's. I have to admit I can't say where the sentiment came from I was going through my left overs from this paper pad and I found this on one of the bits and it just seemed to go on this card, now wasn't that a bit a luck.
All the edges of the patterned paper layers, Tilda's oval background and the sentiment have been lightly distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Walnut Stain, I have just added a bow under the sentiment to finish off this card. I enjoyed doing this card it has been a while since I have done a Magnolia image, I feel in the mood to do a few more.

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Something Old papers Something New lace ribbon
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us Challange - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes with Distressing
Cute Card Thursday - What's New
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes
Anything Goes Challenge - Blue and One Other Colour
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious - Shabby Pastels and paint
Daring Cardmakers - Colour Combo 1
Art Immpresssions Stamps - Anything Goes
Bearly-Mine Challenge - Anything Goes







24 comments:

  1. I am just loving this I love how you have antiquated it and the colour theme is gorgeous,
    have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jan - just love those muted colours

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Janet - love the colours & papers!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card love the image.Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card hun love it thank you for joining us at Truly Scrumptous for our shabby Pastels and paint challenge.

    Wendy DT TrulyScrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, and I just love your colour choice, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I love the colors of this card. Thanks for joining Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jan .This has a definate vintage feel to it .Love all the scrappy bits, the dies ,the old and the new bits that went together so beautifully to make up this stunner .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I adore these GCD Studio papers, really need to replace mine and those flowers are just beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some new candy if you are interested :

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    Really sweet card, love the muted colours and Tilda just looks wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is simply beautiful. I love the vintage feel to it and the papers you used are Gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us for our “Anything Goes” Challenge over at Inky Impressions Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful New year and good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Tilda card. Love your layered flowers; they are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful vintage look your card has. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a great card, love Tila and the colors you have. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet! What beautiful coloring! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions for the anything goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Jan, love that Tilda is sat on a cupcake! Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful!
    Many thanks for joining in the first Cute Card Thursday challenge of 2012!
    Happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's great to have you playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month with your gorgeous vintage Tilda card :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous vintage card! A cute Tilda and great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious, hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is one beautiful creation, the colours, design, embellishments and Tilda look stunning, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, great colouring. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that card you created!

    Thanks for joining our "What's new" challenge over at Cute Card Thursday.

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card,lovely Tilda and I love the papers and colours...Thanks for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my work. I hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog and hope you will visit again :)x